I had to post our favorite line Avery says these days. Her quote comes from the book, "Quick as a Cricket." For those who don't know this book, here are a few lines from the first few pages...
"I'm as quick as a cricket, I'm as slow as a snail... I'm as strong as an ox, I'm as weak as a kitten... I'm as sad as a basset, I'm as happy as a lark, etc...
Anyways, a few weeks ago Avery was crying and in the midst of her tears she said to us, "I'm as sad as a basset." Now she likes to say this a lot, probably from the reaction of laughter she got from us. We tell her, "Don't be sad as a basset, be happy as a lark."
A few other cute quotes:
Avery was cuddling with her daddy and I walked in and curled up next to Philip and said I want to cuddle with daddy. Avery told me, "No mommy it's not YOUR daddy!" I said he's not? she said, "no, papa's YOUR daddy."
Philip went in to get Avery the other morning when we heard her crying. He walked in and she said to him, "excuse me sir, did you wake me up?"
She just always makes us laugh with the things she says. I am trying to be better about writing them down but of course seem to forget and then forget them :( I should be better and keep a journal.
No comments:
Post a Comment