Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Trying to keep up

I know I haven't been much of a blogger lately. I have been trying to not spend so much time in front of the computer during my down time. Having a facebook ap. on my phone really helps with this. However, this is keeping me from keeping up with my blog and reading friends blogs.

Update on the kids:
Avery- We have dropped some of our weekly activities, including Avery's gym class. The only time they offered was at 10:00, during Drew's morning nap. It was just getting too difficult having to wake him or hold him off. I will probably wait a few months and start her back up. I feel bad taking her out of a sport she's so good at and loves. I know, she's only 3, we can pick it back up!!
Think we've hit the terrible 2's. Yes, at 3! We didn't really have terrible 2's. Her terrible 2's were more just learning to share, the occasional hitting/pushing, etc. but nothing too extreme-- very typical for a 2 year old. The majority of the time she was very compliant with Philip and I. Now, we are seeing a very emotional, dramatic, defiant side of her. I know the no napping plays a huge part in this. Some days I just think to myself, where did my sweet little girl go? On the other hand, she can be the sweetest, most loving child too. Hopefully we'll be over this in a few months. :)
She is still WONDERFUL with her little brother, loves him to death, and makes him laugh like noone else can. She calls him bubba and bubs alot... which she got from me. I guess I sometimes call him "little dude" too because tonight when I was talking to Chance I said "sorry little dude..." Avery started laughing and said, "he's not little dude, Drew is little dude."
It is just the most wonderful thing in the world to watch them "play" together. Drew follows her around everywhere now that he is crawling. He gets all into her stuff and she really has so much patience for him. She knows to give him another toy if he has something she wants. She also trys to be very aware of what he picks up, making sure it isn't anything too small that he could choke on. If it is she'll yell for me and say "no, no bubba!!" "mommy, drew has..."
She's so excited for Christmas and writes letters to santa everyday. She is very much into art and "writing" these days. She sits at her little table for hours. Her favorite thing right now is putting cards into envelopes, sealing the envelope, and then decorating the outside.

Drew-
Crawling, pulling up, talking so much more (favorite thing to say is mamamamama :), eating finger foods, and clapping.
He is still our happy, easy going little guy. However, he turns into a strong willed baby when it comes to sleep. We've tried the "crying it out" but he is just still so inconsistent with his sleep. I am thankful he is finally "sleeping through the night" as the books would say. I say you atleast have to sleep until 6, but whatever. He usually still wakes up for a 4 or 5 a.m feeding and then will go back down until 7 or so. I have tried numerous times letting him cry this out. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Oh well... one day I will consistently get a full nights uninterrupted sleep... maybe-- well atleast when they are teenagers!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hear you with the terrible 2s hitting at 3! They know so much more and how to argue quite well...sometimes even with logic. UGH! They're growing knowledge (and emotions) also is so precious at times. Can't wait to see you at Christmas.