Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Christmas 2010

Before heading to Austin for the holidays, we wanted to take the kids to the Gaylord to see the Charlie Brown ice sculptures. Avery has always loved snoopy, her sleep buddy, so we really didn't want to miss this year.
Drew liked seeing the trains.

It was pretty cold.
We spent Christmas Eve at my parents house. Philip's parents joined us for Christmas.
Avery enjoyed getting to play with her newest cousin, Davis. She loves making babies laugh, and I caught this cute picture of her kissing Davis on the head. Sweet!



Me with my sibs!
Avery with her cousins, Kelly and Christopher. Sad Drew was napping for this.






Our attempt, at a rushing out the door before church family picture. Avery obviously did not want to cooperate. A few nights before we took this picture, we went to see Santaland Diaries with my sister and her husband. This moment made me think of some of the things we laughed about in the part, Elf Diaries. The Elf (who worked at a mall) talked about how parents go crazy about getting that perfect picture with santa-- making threats at their child to smile. I caught myself getting upset with her attitude and then quickly chuckled to myself that I'm being that mom. I just wanted her to smile! How hard is that?? But no smile, so here's the real us. ;)

Me with my baby sister, Emily. I can't believe she is getting married in 4 months!!... and that I was her age when I got married!!

Mimi with her girls. They went to "Mrs. B's" (mimi) beauty store and got all dolled up.


We stayed a few extra days to celebrate with Emily. These are a few pics from her bridal shower. This one turned out really dark- sorry em.
The sweetest person you'll ever meet, Emily.


Me with my mom, Grandma (Dad's mom), and sisters- Betsy and Emily. I love my family... and LOVE having sisters :)





No comments: