Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our day

We decided to go to the pool today since the pools will be closing soon. We went out to the Carrollton water park. Our playgroup had gone a few weeks ago and I opted not to go assuming it would be too hard with Avery and Drew with just me. There also didn't seem to be much shade for Drew. I was right, it was a big park and I would have had a hard time enjoying my time with Avery and holding Drew, while guarding him from the sun.
I wish we had our camera so I could post some pictures. There was an area for toddlers with a zero entry pool w/slides and water sprayers, a kid pool that went up to about 3 feet, an adult pool, and big slides for older children and adults. We always have so much fun doing stuff like this with Avery because she really enjoys being in the water, and it is so fun to see her excitement. You always know when she's had a good time because when we leave she says, "that was fun, let's do it again sometime." :)
Avery crashed on the way home and we were able to transfer her to her bed for a 2 1/2 hour nap. What a difference a nap makes for our little 3 year old (well almost 3). I miss this sweet daughter of mine. I was wondering where she went. She gets SO emotional and defiant when she doesn't nap so I know she is not ready to drop them yet. I am hoping once she starts school 2 days a week in September that this will get her more on a schedule, wear her out, and help her nap more consistantly. The other day I did remove all her distractions (toys) from her room and she ended up napping... but I don't really want to have to do that every day!
I enjoy the weekends so much when Philip is home with us... so thankful for my wonderful hubby and babies.

1 comment:

Holly said...

glad you had such a good time.. it is such a great place. However, you made a great decision to not go by yourself! It was hard and if stacy's mom would not have been there we would have been in big trouble!