I really don't like this time of the year with all the sickness that goes around. We are doing our best to stear clear of the H1N1 virus. We have had several friends come down with it and thankfully our family has not experienced it yet. I just worry about little Drew getting it. I also need to decide if we will get the vaccination when available.
Avery came down with a mean tummy bug Sunday and seems to still be miserable today. I have never seen her so sick. She stayed on her pallet I made her in the living room all day yesterday, watched movies, and napped on and off... and threw up every time she ate or drank. She literally has never stayed still that long. I thought she would be able to keep drinks and crackers/toast down today but she couldn't. I called the dr. to make an appt. but ended up cancelling it because she seems to be turning a corner now. She held down some crackers and pedialite and is now eating macaroni. I know macaroni!! She was insistent upon it and I gave in. We shall see if that stays down. When I told her that we were going to need to go see Dr. Hebbur, she cried and told me she did not want to go get a check up and get a shot. I assured her she would not get a shot, that Dr. Hebbur just wanted to check her out and maybe give her something to help her stop throwing up. She was still upset, so I explained to her that sometimes when we get too sick and don't go see our dr. that we have to go to the hospital. She agreed she didn't want that to happen. Later she came out of her room and said, "mommy, I will go to the hospital, then we can get chicken and fries, does that sound like a good idea?" I said, oh sweetie, i love you... however you do not need to go to the hospital and I don't think chicken and fries will feel too good on your tummy.
She has been such a trooper the past 3 days. I know I would be acting a lot grumpier.
Now, I am just praying the rest of us stay well-- especially Drew!
No comments:
Post a Comment