Thursday, October 8, 2009

still sick...

Avery is still holding on to this tummy bug. I really have never seen her this sick before. Usually we get a 24-48 hr. bug and it's done with. This one is just hanging on. This morning she drank milk, let's just say I had a messy diaper to change after. Poor baby. I think she is really beginning to get sick of this too. She has been pretty cranky yesterday and today. I can't blame her though. I am starting to get demands like- peel my banana, and hearing squeals that her blanket has fallen off her shoulder-- a sign that I should fix it. I have enjoyed taking care of her and comforting her, but I'm ready to not have to clean up throw up or change dirty diapers any longer. Not to mention all the loads of laundry I have done the last week.
We have been watching a LOT of movies the past 3-4 days. Last night she felt up to decorating a pumpkin and taking a bath. I think today we will make some playdough.
Although the last week has been a bummer on us all, I still have to count my blessings... I am so thankful that Drew has stayed well. I have been able to spend a lot more one on one time with him, which has been so nice! I am lucky to have a husband that is so helpful and has a flexible work schedule. And... 2 healthy babies!!!
Hopefully we are turning a corner and my sweet Avery will be back to normal soon.

1 comment:

Holly said...

wow.. that is quite the bug. I bet you are ready to get out of the house! Hope you don't get it! Let me know if you need anything....