Thursday, June 10, 2010

Summer Days

As you can see we enjoy our time outside in the backyard! Had to post some pictures of the kids from this afternoon.





Yesterday after it rained we went for a walk. Avery has been very into roly pollies these days. She collected some on our walk, while Drew splashed in the puddles.
Conversation with Avery:
Avery- Mommy can I get a roly poly?
Me- Ok, but let's just take one and look at the rest.
Avery- But Mommy, the baby will want to be with it's mommy.
Me- Ok, 2.
Avery- Here's a baby one! Oh and here's its Mommy, and here's her Daddy. The Mommy's name is Jenny and the Daddy is Philip.
Me- what's the babies name?
Avery- Alisa-- no clue where she got this name
Me- Lets let the roly pollies go now
Avery- I don't want to let them go here (by the street) because I'm afraid they might go into the street and get hurt.
Me- (laughing inside) O.k we can let them go in our grass.
Avery- Yes, but we better make sure Drew doesn't get them.
Then later today she was reading her childrens bible to Drew. I jotted down what she read to him--
"One day he was praying to God. And then Jesus went to heaven. And one day he was fast asleep and he said we have to pray to God and there's no reason to be scared in your room. God is always with you and he's in your heart."
So SWEET!






1 comment:

Holly said...

The girls have been crazy about rollie pollies as well.. I love her sweet prayer. It is nice when they remember things we teach them.