







Avery Catherine
September 8, 2006
7 lbs, 1 oz
Avery turned three yesterday! We celebrated her birthday last Tuesday with a princess party. Her girlfriends all came dressed as princesses. They were so cute! When they got here I had tiaras and wands for them to decorate w/foam princess shapes and jewels. Then Cinderella came! The girls were all so excited. Avery seemed a little star struck and just smiled for the first 30 minutes :) Cinderella took pictures with us, painted the girls nails, read stories, and sang songs. It was such a fun time and the perfect little party for our 3 year old. I unfortunatley don't have pictures to post just yet. We left our camera in Austin last time we were there so I had my friend take pictures at the party, and she is getting them to me on a disc. (thanks Stacy!!) So, I will post those soon!!
Avery also started her first day of Preschool yesterday. The program she is enrolled in starts their "preschool" at the age of 2 1/2. However, most of the kids in her class are all turning 3 this month with the exception of 2. She has 6 kids in her class, 3 boys and 3 girls! I have heard wonderful things about her teacher and this program. I think Avery will really thrive with the structure and self discipline taught this year. I am excited for her and happy she did great her first day. (Again, sad I have no pics to share... may just take them next week and call it her first day pics!) She went in and started playing with playdough so I said my goodbyes. Her teacher said she had a great day and was the "leader" today and this week. (so line leader, teacher helper, etc) When we got in the car I asked her about her day and she told me a little bit about what she did and who her new friends are. I thought she would have taken a nap after school but that wasn't the case, obviously too much excitement. After her rest time though, she told me more about her school day. She told me her teacher, "ringed a bell." I asked her what she was to do when her teacher rang the bell, she said, "line up." I asked her what happens if she doesn't obey, she said, "we get in trouble." so I then asked what happens when you get in trouble, but I think I stumped her with that question.
We ended our day with dinner together, and then out for ice cream. She chose cotton candy ice cream w/m&m's... interesting. When we got home she wanted to play school. Avery was Mrs. Gavigan and I was Avery. She talked in a very kind voice which made me think she must be modeling her teacher, a very good sign!! I also thought to myself... I bet my kids I used to teach went home and did the same thing-- hope they always used my kind voice too :)... parents can learn a lot about a teacher through the way the kids act them out.
We love you Avery! Happy third birthday! Thank you for blessing our lives in more ways than you will ever know.
September 8, 2006
7 lbs, 1 oz
Avery turned three yesterday! We celebrated her birthday last Tuesday with a princess party. Her girlfriends all came dressed as princesses. They were so cute! When they got here I had tiaras and wands for them to decorate w/foam princess shapes and jewels. Then Cinderella came! The girls were all so excited. Avery seemed a little star struck and just smiled for the first 30 minutes :) Cinderella took pictures with us, painted the girls nails, read stories, and sang songs. It was such a fun time and the perfect little party for our 3 year old. I unfortunatley don't have pictures to post just yet. We left our camera in Austin last time we were there so I had my friend take pictures at the party, and she is getting them to me on a disc. (thanks Stacy!!) So, I will post those soon!!
Avery also started her first day of Preschool yesterday. The program she is enrolled in starts their "preschool" at the age of 2 1/2. However, most of the kids in her class are all turning 3 this month with the exception of 2. She has 6 kids in her class, 3 boys and 3 girls! I have heard wonderful things about her teacher and this program. I think Avery will really thrive with the structure and self discipline taught this year. I am excited for her and happy she did great her first day. (Again, sad I have no pics to share... may just take them next week and call it her first day pics!) She went in and started playing with playdough so I said my goodbyes. Her teacher said she had a great day and was the "leader" today and this week. (so line leader, teacher helper, etc) When we got in the car I asked her about her day and she told me a little bit about what she did and who her new friends are. I thought she would have taken a nap after school but that wasn't the case, obviously too much excitement. After her rest time though, she told me more about her school day. She told me her teacher, "ringed a bell." I asked her what she was to do when her teacher rang the bell, she said, "line up." I asked her what happens if she doesn't obey, she said, "we get in trouble." so I then asked what happens when you get in trouble, but I think I stumped her with that question.
We ended our day with dinner together, and then out for ice cream. She chose cotton candy ice cream w/m&m's... interesting. When we got home she wanted to play school. Avery was Mrs. Gavigan and I was Avery. She talked in a very kind voice which made me think she must be modeling her teacher, a very good sign!! I also thought to myself... I bet my kids I used to teach went home and did the same thing-- hope they always used my kind voice too :)... parents can learn a lot about a teacher through the way the kids act them out.
We love you Avery! Happy third birthday! Thank you for blessing our lives in more ways than you will ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment